Tuk Tuk Tales...

"If I don’t care where I am, I’m not lost.
If I don’t have a schedule, I’m not late.
If I don’t have an itinerary, I’m right where I should be.
And if I want to rough it, I don’t put ice in my arrack and ginger beer."

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Colombo Cultural Circle by Tuk Tuk


This was the first actual mention and picture of my tuk tuk in print.  I wrote a story with pictures for Serendib, the in flight Magazine of Sri Lankan Airlines, on what is referred to as the cultural circle of Colombo, Sri Lanka.  It's only a short ride from hotel row on Galle Road and was done from the perspective of using a three wheeler as a means of seeing the sites which include the National Museum, National Art Gallery, National Archives, Vihara Maha Devi Park, Independence Square and Town Hall. One of my photos shows my tuk tuk across the road from Town Hall.  It's the one on the first page beneath the map with the rack and luggage carrier on top just behind the fence.  I've scanned the first two pages of the story and pix so you can get an idea of what I'm doing with the little champagne colored bugger.  There's more to come once I get my official tuk tuk license and am able to circumnavigate the island and explore the countryside.  After while crocodile.  Captain Kurt.  

1 comment:

  1. I seem to recall a beloved volkswagen which followed an equally loved edsel. This tuk tuk definitely is a keeper. Enjoy the ride!!

    ReplyDelete